× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2.4g connection problem - DGDN3700v2 not accepting password

Althoros
Aspirant

2.4g connection problem - DGDN3700v2 not accepting password

Everything has been working fine but Iwas using a powerline extender in the office to connect by cable to the PC  Internet kept dropping out so have tried a AC1200 extender. Initially all was well however after a router firmware update I have a problem.

I cannot connect to the router vis the 2.4g connection - I just get password incorrect on all devices.  I can connect via 5g with no issues. The strange thing is that I can connect to the 2.4g signal via the extender signal?

I have done all the resets etc and reverted to the previous firmware but still all I get is password incorrect when on the routers 2.4 wifi.

Any ideas please. Security is WPA2-PSK [AES], SSIDs are unique nothing else has changed.

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to change the 2.4ghz password to something completely different than what you normally use?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Althoros
Aspirant

Hi Darren
Yes tried completely new password and also tried removing security altogether ! Same result
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7