× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2 Electric systems Wifi Range Help

xdamageincx
Aspirant

2 Electric systems Wifi Range Help

v1.4.1.68 

I have a tall home that the router is being moved to a central location (now on the 6th floor).

The garage is 150' away from the house (and 50' long away from router location).on a seperate electric meter\main system.

THe crappy cheap range extender died today that may not have even worked as I am now finishing the man cave above the 3 bays below.

I have a smart TV upstaris and intend to put a smaller one in the bay area.

What is the best way (extender vs. mesh) to expand the home wifi to this area?

I have searched everywhere and haven't found a solution for these challenges.

I am interested in keeping with Netgear as the router has great range but is weak out that far and signal is lost \ drops on occassion.

I also intend to run a Klipsch App and would also like access to the Media server for the stereo\TV.

Your help is appreciated in advance.

Mikester

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
xdamageincx
Aspirant

Re: 2 Electric systems Wifi Range Help

Does anyone know if this is compatible with the Nighthawk 8000? Does it go on the far end of the range, in between (I have outdoor power halfway to the garage) or does it go on the outside of the house facing toward the garage?

Netgear RBS50Y AC3000 Orbi Outdoor Tri-Band Wi-Fi Range Extender for Wi-Fi Routers 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7