× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2 WiFI extenders Login

dilloninmn
Tutor

2 WiFI extenders Login

If I setup 2 extenders is the house how do I login into them? It would appear that the same url is used for all wifi extenders.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

You can use the ip address from them. Log into your router and find the ip address for each. 

You'll be able to use that to log into them. 

Fyi, I highly recommend when using more than 1 extender to not daisy chain them. 

Daisy chain: router---->extender----->extender

Set them up in star configuration for best results:

Star: extender<--------router-------->extender

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You can use the ip address from them. Log into your router and find the ip address for each. 

You'll be able to use that to log into them. 

Fyi, I highly recommend when using more than 1 extender to not daisy chain them. 

Daisy chain: router---->extender----->extender

Set them up in star configuration for best results:

Star: extender<--------router-------->extender

Message 2 of 5
dilloninmn
Tutor

Bingo that worked perfectly thanks. And no I’m not daisy chaining them. These extenders are on the opposite ends of the house one in the garage one on the deck to allow for better coverage in those areas.
Curiosity question shouldn’t both extenders show up in my network map? There’s only one that showing up.
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Should it? yes. 

Does the app always work as it should? more doubtful. 

Usually when people are needing more than 1 extender, we recommend moving to a mesh system both because of performance and ease of use. When using more than 1, many times you need to use its ip address to log directly into the one you want. 

Message 4 of 5
dilloninmn
Tutor

Thanks for the help much easier than calling tech support 🙂
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7