× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

5 Ghz problems

lyew
Novice

5 Ghz problems

Dear all

I've just bought the ex6200 to extend my Asus RT-AC87U, which is an AC2400 wifi router that does both 2.4 and 5 Ghz frequencies, with the 5 Ghz band set at the 80 mhz channel bandwidth.

I've done the setup a few times and I'm noticing something happening quite consistently. When I setup the ex6200 and use the 2.4 Ghz band as my first connection, everything works well. The moment I make the first connection using 5 Ghz, my entire network gets stuffed up. I can't revert back to the 2.4 Ghz band, and even when move out of the ex6200 range and ensure that my computer is back within closer range of the Asus router, it refuses to connect. The only way to get my network to work is to switch off the ex6200.

Does anyone know what is going on here?

Here is my basic setup:

On my router:

The 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands each have a different SSID
2.4 channel bandwith is set at 20/40 mhz; 5 ghz at 80 mhz (I tried setting it to the control channel to 149 and 44)

On the EX6200
The SSIDs are set identically to that of their respective frequencies
Signal strength is excellent (about 70%)
Message 1 of 2
mcoen
Novice

Re: 5 Ghz problems

Hi,

Don't know if you still have an issue with this. I have the exact same setup. Bought the Asus yesterday, had the Netgear E6200 a bit longer.
I installed the latest firmware versions for the ASUS, one fixed a 5GHz issue.
It now works like a charm.

Hope this helps if you still have problems
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7