× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 5G isn't working?

ChrisStanleyy
Aspirant

5G isn't working?

Hey everyone. My Mesh extender has been working perfectly fine but for the past day or two the 5g stops working but it still hasn't popped up yet. I'm not sure If it's 5g in general because of the COVID-19 stuff or not but any ideas??
Model: EX6250|AC1750-WIFI MESH EXTENDER
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

@ChrisStanleyy wrote:
Hey everyone. My Mesh extender has been working perfectly fine but for the past day or two the 5g stops working but it still hasn't popped up yet. I'm not sure If it's 5g in general because of the COVID-19 stuff or not but any ideas??

What router is it connected to?

What firmware is on it?

How do you know the 5g isn't working? If you've got it in mesh mode, it runs the same ssid as the router and moves devices between bands. 

Message 2 of 6
ChrisStanleyy
Aspirant

Nah I have it set up so the 2g a d 5g have different names and different passwords
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

router its connected to? 

Firmware its on? 

The firmware did get updated recently to include mesh, maybe it defaulted to on?

have you tried resetting and re-installing? 

Message 4 of 6
ChrisStanleyy
Aspirant

Telstra smart gen 2.0 or something but I got nbn. I haven't tried resetting it yet tho
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

@ChrisStanleyy wrote:
Telstra smart gen 2.0 or something (or something? really?!) but I got nbn. I haven't tried resetting it yet tho

Ok, I'm not getting paid for this. I'm a member of the public taking time to help you. Please at least do the minimum and look at your device and post full answers to the questions I ask if you'd like help. I'm not trying to be an A**hole but I'm not going to waste my time fighting to help you. 

thanks

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7