× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 5Ghz connection failed! EX6110 WIFI RANGE EXTENDER AC1200

Marz24
Aspirant

5Ghz connection failed! EX6110 WIFI RANGE EXTENDER AC1200

First of all, my name is Marz and hello to the community. I have this brand new netgear wifi extender that support both 2.4ghz and 5ghz connections. For some reason I can't establish a connection between my wifi router and the netgear extender with 5ghz connectivity. Although 2.4ghz connections seems to be working fine but not the 5ghz. I have tried many ways to troubleshoot the problem but none works so far and I run out of options. Even I've done some troubleshoot to my wifi router like changing adapter setting, connecting via WPS instead of manual or MAC but still and I really think the problem is the extender. I don't know if the product is defective or not but the main reason why I bought this product is because of it's 5ghz connection support. I have sent an email to the netgear support section but I never got a response. Hoping anyone in here could help me fix the problem. Thank you
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Marz24, 

We recommend contacting support to utilize your 90 days of support: https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

~Christian 

Message 2 of 4
BakerChris
Aspirant

Hi There, I have the exact same problem and was wondering if there was a solution provided by Netgear, if not I will return the product. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Christopher Baker
Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 4
Marz24
Aspirant

Return your product mate. There is no solution for this problem. This product is simply doesn't do what it says in the box. I regret buying it.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7