× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

6100 Extender setup

gphorce5
Aspirant

6100 Extender setup

When I purchased this model in December I called a customer service rep and they kindly helped me set it up.  My internet provider recently upgraded my modem/router and now I don't remember how to set up the extender, I have to use the cable.  I remember either hooking it up solely to my computer or my router.  I called netgear but apparently once you have 1 phone conversation you must pay to have another one.

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
DexterDog
Aspirant

Re: 6100 Extender setup

Have you had any luck yet? The reason I ask is that my extender would not connect to my router, i got disgusted and forgot about it. Now my 90 days of techincal support has run out. I'm dead in the water.  Looking for help.  Thanks, Tim

Message 2 of 4
gphorce5
Aspirant

Tim, I haven't had any luck.  I'm just running off my router.  I'm going to look into linksys, they don't charge for customer service after 90 days.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello gphorce5

You will want to do a factory reset of the extender by holding down the reset button on the device for 10 seconds then you can do the setup again which I linked a guide on how to do this.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX6100/EX6100_QSG_24sep2015.pdf?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7