× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A complex system with two problems

Goldian
Novice

A complex system with two problems

Hi there

I have a rather complex system of wired and wireless that is almost working ok but just two problems remain that i hope the community may be able to help me with:

I have three separate buildings at my property as follows

Building 1
a) Internet connection from telecoms supplier comes in here
b) Netgear DGND 3700 acting as DCHP server on 192.168.0.1 with
ip range set up 192.168.0.2 - 198.162.0.236
c) A wired connection to Building 2 from the DGND3700
d) A wired connection to Building 3 from the DGND3700
e) a wired link to a devolo internet over mains device

Building 2 ( 50 meters from building 1)
a) wired connection from B1 (c) (under garden in protective casing) goes to a Netgear WNDAP350 network access point on 192.168.0.237 with gateway & DNS server set to 192.168.0.1; DCHP disabled. Wirelessly this works just fine for much of the house in B2 but does not reach all unfortunately

b) two other DGN1000's elsewhere in the house (its large and thick walls), all DCHP disabled and on 192.168.0.239; 192.168.0.241 - both wired connected via a internet over mains link Devolo device. Both used to work fine and one does not any more for some reason. PROBLEM 1

Building 3 (70 meters from both B1 & B2) (this is a summer house at the bottom of the garden)
a) a DGN WN604-100 network access point linked by wire under the garden (in protective casing etc) from the original DGND 3700 DCHP server in B1 (d). Set up with DCHP disabled and as ip 192.168.0.240, with gateway and DNS server set to 192.168.0.1
As soon as I switch this on the whole of B2 is unable to connect ???
PROBLEM 2

Think perhaps a WDS repeat might work instead on the devolos (in which case can i set up the DGN1000's to repeat the WNDAP350 - which works fine) to solve Problem 1,

PROBLEM 2 I JUST DONT GET -
?CAN THE DGND3700 NOT COPE WITH TWO NAP CONNECTIONS ?
? Could i add another DGN1000 as a repeater of the DGNd 3700 in B3

ANY SUGGESTIONS MOST GRATEFULLY RECEIVED

Thanks
Ian
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: A complex system with two problems

Been 240 ip is using wires in the ground, I would check the cables
Message 2 of 4
Goldian
Novice

Hi there - thanks but its definitely not the wires underground to Building 3 as the wired connection works fine.

I am now just trying to get to a wireless connection, but as soon as I connect the WN604 N150 access point in Building 3, the rest of the network becomes unavailable.

It seems to me that when the new WN604 is connected, all traffic is routed through that instead of both through it and the WNdap350 in B2 ?

any further thoughts gratefully received
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If you are plugin the unit becomes an issue cat5 in ground or device A issues

Assume when you say wire is fine means plug laptop or pc directly to the PC and works fine ?
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7