× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 resource CD drive

SteveSturdy
Aspirant

A6210 resource CD drive

Hi Guys,

I bought an A6210 to increase my Wifi range, and have made the mistake that my Mac doesn't have a CD drive. I'm trying to download the resource CD driver as per the installation guide but I'm completely lost, I can download a folder I belive is correct but there is no file for me to autorun.

Please can somebody send me a correct link for the download, and a step by step guide to install? As per the resource CD, it's version 1.4.

Thanks,

Steve

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: A6210 resource CD drive

I could do all that but the problem comes down to your mac. If you look up the requirements for that wireless device, windows is the key one. Its not compatible with mac OS. 

System Requirements
• Intel®
Pentium®
class PC
• Best performance with USB3.0; compatible
with USB1.1, USB2.0
• Microsoft®
Windows®
7, 8, 10, XP, Vista®
:
(32/64-bit)

Message 2 of 4
SteveSturdy
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I also have a Windows and have installed accordingly, I'm beginning to think I've bought the incorrect device...

I'm looking for a WiFi strengthener that I plug into the back of my router, rather than something I plug into my laptop, is this not the right product? If it's the incorrect one, please can you send me in the direction of the product I need to purchase for this?

Thanks,

Steve

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

No this isn't the right product. If you're looking for something to strengthen your existing wifi your either looking for:

A. A new router. You don't put what you have so I can't tell you how good/bad the one you have is.

B. A wireless extender. These can be ones designed to act as just a wireless extender or in access point mode.

C. A mesh setup. 

things that'll help us to help you is to describe your home environment and goals, so: 

House size:

House material: (wifi doesn't pass through adobe, brick, concrete, foil lined insulation very well)

devices you're trying to support:

Speeds you're desiring to support (aka your internet speeds):

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7