× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC 1200 (ex6200v2) Extender Shows connected but will not connect to websites

ZachAndrew
Aspirant

AC 1200 (ex6200v2) Extender Shows connected but will not connect to websites

Hello, Ive been trying for 3 hours to get this extender to connect. The status screen shows its connected, the lights on the unit show its connected, I can connect to the network, I updated the firmware which actually gave me less options to get to, the staus screen shows connection and speed of both networks. It will not go to any websites

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: AC 1200 (ex6200v2) Extender Shows connected but will not connect to websites

from your status page, it looks like you did everything correct. It could potentially be the router causing the issues.

If you log into your router, most have devices connected page. It might be named something different. From this page can you see the extender connected or any of the devices connected to the router on there?

You might want to look up your router's manual/faq to see if theres anything on the router that needs to be changed when extenders are added.  

Message 2 of 3
ZachAndrew
Aspirant

Re: AC 1200 (ex6200v2) Extender Shows connected but will not connect to websites

I'll certainly try that when I get home tonight. It's about to go back to best buy 😂
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7