× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC 750/EX3700 WiFi Range Extender will not reliably connect to router after update to 1.0.0.84

abberow
Aspirant

AC 750/EX3700 WiFi Range Extender will not reliably connect to router after update to 1.0.0.84

I got an email to update to a newer version of the firmware. There were many problems after the update starting with I had to ping mywifiext[dot]net to get the IP address as putting it into the URL window in Firefox took me to www.msftconnecttest.com and a failure message. There was a bar at the top of the window that said I had to log into the network. Clicking that link took me to https://detectportal.firefox.com/success.txt, which was another failure message.

Using the IP address as the URL, I got to the login page. Using both the genie and manual configuration options failed to connect to the router after entering the network key. I was able to connect to the Internet for a short period through the extender, then it went away. On my mobile, I see either that I am connected with no Internet access or I have to sign in, which takes me to the netgear login page on the extender.

I have opened a ticket.

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 3
abberow
Aspirant

Re: AC 750/EX3700 WiFi Range Extender will not reliably connect to router after update to 1.0.0.84

I experienced the same issues, including the need to use the extender's IP address, but could not get even a short-term connection. I could not get a ticket; I presume because the unit is out of warranty. I tried a reset and used an ethernet cable without wi-fi. The reset did not reset the firmware - V1.0.0.84_1.0.56

I will keep an eye on this thread. If you remember and have the time, please post the results.

Thanks

Alan

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 2 of 3
Tahlan
Aspirant

Same issue, after  Firmware Version 1.0.0.84, I just keep seeing frequent disconnects/ reconnects from my on the logs of my main router.  Looking for advice.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7