× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC 750 firmware upgrade - now cannot login

cirrusuk
Aspirant

AC 750 firmware upgrade - now cannot login

I've just upgrade the firmware to 1.0.2.24 and now I am getting a login page with an email address. Previously I just used admin/password.

The device restarted after the upgrade.

How can I login?

Thanks

Model: EX3920|AC750 WiFi Range Extenders
Message 1 of 7
cirrusuk
Aspirant

I also have 3 more EX6100s to upgrade the firmware on, so I'd like to know how to set up an email login in advance if possible.

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 2 of 7
cirrusuk
Aspirant

OK, so I see there is a recovery option on the new AC750 login screen that asks me two security questions. If I can get these right will I be able to enter a new email and password as the login?

What if I can't get these answers (I have no record of it and the right ansers don't work as I usually enter something false so it can't be discovered online)? 

Am I locked out  and will have to do a factory reset?

I have set these on the EX6100s in readiness but I'd like confirmation that this is how to recover before upgrading the firmware on theose.

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

If you can't answer the security questions you will need to reset the extender.

Message 4 of 7
cirrusuk
Aspirant

OK, thanks for your reply.

I'm amazed that Netgear didn't highlight this in their email regarding the updated firmware as I'm not the first person to hit this issue. They should have said explicitily that you will need to add security questions and answers before installing the firmware, otherwise you will be locked out of the admin page and you will have to reset the device.

I'm hoping by expanding on what's happening here will help others.

This doesn't help me a lot as the device is remote so I can't login until I can get on site. As it's the weekend I have no idea if the device is working or not. Thanks a bunch Netgear.

By the way, can you please confirm that if you set the Q/As, this will allow you to set up a new login?

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@cirrusuk wrote:

They should have said explicitily that you will need to add security questions and answers before installing the firmware, otherwise you will be locked out of the admin page and you will have to reset the device.

You only need to answer the security questions if you forget the password.   So you don't need to configure them before reinstalling firmware.

Message 6 of 7
cirrusuk
Aspirant

OK, it seems to be working OK now - I can login using the same admin/password combo after the firmware upgrade as I used beforehand - and I am not locked out of the device.

My bad.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7