× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Extender [can I reconfigure in a different town]

PriorLane
Aspirant

AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Extender [can I reconfigure in a different town]

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
additude
Virtuoso

You should be able to reconfigure the extender when you take it to a new LAN location.

I think that if both your locations employ WPS then it should be as simple as using WPS at each location.

But yes, you should be able to take the extender from one LAN location and move the extender to another LAN location and after reconfiguring the extender. then it will operate on the new LAN.

If you do not reconfigure the extender, then it will not operate properly at the new LAN location.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
additude
Virtuoso

Is that a trick question?

What exactly does it mean and what exactly do you intend to do with it?

Message 2 of 5
PriorLane
Aspirant

Apologies, not a trick question. I want to configure and connect to the Wifi in my house (as a test run) and then take the extender to another location and reconfigure there. Can I continually reconfigure? Hope that's clear.

Message 3 of 5
additude
Virtuoso

You should be able to reconfigure the extender when you take it to a new LAN location.

I think that if both your locations employ WPS then it should be as simple as using WPS at each location.

But yes, you should be able to take the extender from one LAN location and move the extender to another LAN location and after reconfiguring the extender. then it will operate on the new LAN.

If you do not reconfigure the extender, then it will not operate properly at the new LAN location.

Message 4 of 5
PriorLane
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements