× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1200 EX6120 Dual Band Range Extender Internet only on 5ghz

CudaDude
Follower

AC1200 EX6120 Dual Band Range Extender Internet only on 5ghz

I purchased 2 of the AC1200 Dual Band Range Extenders Model 6120. The problem I have with both of them is that I do not have internet access on the 2.4ghz extended network. There are 2 ways to setup the device, WPS and manually through mywifiext.net. I tried WPS on one of them and manual setup on the other, both with the same result. In the end I can only connect to the 5ghz extended network. When I try and connect to the 2.4 ghz extended network it says no internet access. In the mywifiext setup both extended networks show connected and broadcasting. I have upgraded the firmware on both devices, factory reset both devices, and reset them both up manually one at a time, with only one plugged in at a time. My router firmware is up to date and can connect devices to my regular 2.4 and 5ghz networks without issue. Thanks for the help!
Message 1 of 2
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Re: AC1200 EX6120 Dual Band Range Extender Internet only on 5ghz

Hi @CudaDude,

Try to modify wireless channel on 2.4GHz of your router and check if it works.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7