× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1200 EX6120 not connecting to set up page, even when following previously suggested route.

edthechimp
Tutor

AC1200 EX6120 not connecting to set up page, even when following previously suggested route.

Have been having some issues with my AC1200/EX6120 Dual Band Wifi Range Extender recently; I recently changed this to a new SSID, however had done this previously multipple times with no issues or need to factory reset. Now when I tried to connect it, I was presented with the same problems as @jglefler (solved by @plemans on 2020-08-05), which when I tried the solution, worked to the point of connecting the new wifi device to the new networks during the setup, however when I pressed continue (after my laptop was connected to the new 2GHz network) I was greeted with the same screen of 'the site can't be reached' / 'took too long to respond' as I had been previously. I have then subsequently tried relaunching the browser and trying to access either the mywifiextnet page or the IP address 192.168.1.250, however neither worked.

I have tried all the suggested actions on the main netgear support page itself including setting up a static IP address (which didn't work), but don't have access to the phone cover anymore as that has run out. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Many thanks & kind regards,

Ed.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1200 EX6120 not connecting to set up page, even when following previously suggested route.

Did you factory reset the extender? 

What firmware is on it?

What router are you connecting to it? 

My understanding is that you can't access it to set it up? 

Have you tried a different browser/pc? 

Did you try connecting to it hardwired (disabling wifi on the device you hardwire in so it doesn't default back to it)? 

when hardwired, did you try the mywifiext . net?

does the extender broadcast the default ssid info? 

Message 2 of 3
edthechimp
Tutor

Re: AC1200 EX6120 not connecting to set up page, even when following previously suggested route.

Yes, I have factory resetted the router multiple times and tried the solutions respectively after each time but none of them worked.

I don't know, how do I find that out?

The router is a Virgin Media Hub3.0, I believe the model number is VMDG505/TG2492LG-VM.

No, I can't access set-up. When I performed your previous solution after a factory reset I was able to access set-up, up until the page where I was instructed to connect my wifi device to the extender's network. As instructed, I connected my laptop (the wifi device I was performing the set-up on) to the network before pressing continue, however, once I did I was met with the failed to load / timed out page on google chrome.

I have also tried microsoft edge, as well as setting it through my iPhone.

When I tried through ethernet it just said 'no internet' under my network settings. Tried a second cable and same result.

I don't know, how do I find that out?

Many thanks for your speedy reply, it caught me off guard!

Ed.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7