× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1200 - EX6200 Devices able to connect but provide no internet.

lmntr
Aspirant

AC1200 - EX6200 Devices able to connect but provide no internet.

Hello, I have an AC1200 - EX6200 for about two years now and has suddenly not allowed internet acess to any Apple device or Playstation consoles.  (Actually only a handful of websites work on Apple devices such playstation or Youtube, the rest of the internet is out and I get a notice the dns server is unavilable).   By chance I found that an older Windows7 PC continue to connect and provide internet access with no apparent problems.

I have updated firmware to the latest, power reset, factory reset, whole network reset, setup either through genie or wps and have the same problem.   I had almost given up and decided to manually input to all my Apple products the IP connections and including the IPv6 information that work while connected to the regular gate.  I forgot what was that actullly worked because I did different ways and I think what worked was when I added the IPV6 server information I got while connected directly to the gate but without removing the IPv6 information I got while connected to the extender.  At this point I do not want to mess with the settings as it seems to be working.   It is still a problem because I am unable to connect through both of my Playstation (PS3 and PS4) consoles and watch streaming content through them as before.  Obviouslythere is still something wrong because no one should resort to doing anything extra.  I will appreciate any help, Thanks.

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: AC1200 - EX6200 Devices able to connect but provide no internet.

Hello lmntr - Would you mind providing your network topology to help us understand your environment more. 

~Christian 

Message 2 of 5
lmntr
Aspirant

I provided the information you requested a few days ago but someone at Netgear is yet to approve it.   In the meantime I will do another test and I might report my findings if I am allowed! 😉

Message 3 of 5
lmntr
Aspirant

Okay, I have an update.  I mentioned previously I have done a whole network reset trying to get it working.  I went to each device and selected "for get" or delete the previously set connectionn and then factory reset the extender, restarted it and shut it down.  Then I did the same with my ATT Gate; I factory reset and restarted it.  I have internet now through the extender after going to the genie procedure.   Looking back, I thought I had done a factory reset to my Gate but apparently I did not keep the reset button pressed long enough.  This time I waited about 30 seconds and before I took my finger off the reset button, I was perplexed to see all the lights lit up as in normal operation!  I remember the first time I did this waiting about 15 seconds and seeing the led lights still flashing; so maybe this was the difference.  Note to ATT Gate owners, be sure to keep your finger on the reset button until you see lights back to normal.   I will update maybe in about a week and then a Month later.   For now, I am crossing my fingers this will stay working.

Message 4 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello lmntr, 

Thanks for the update! Your feedback may help others in the future who may experience the same issue.

~Christian 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7