× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1200 Model EX6110 Won’t accept router password

Kellysill
Aspirant

AC1200 Model EX6110 Won’t accept router password

My extender is not accepting our password from our Arris NVG468MQ router. All lights are the color they are supposed to be on the extender. I set the extender up with no problem by connecting with WPS. Please help. About to return this device!

Thank you,

Kelly

Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
Kellysill
Aspirant

Re: AC1200 Model EX6110 Won’t accept router password

Can anyone help me with my issue???

Message 2 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kellysill - You can confirm the extender's WiFi password by taking a look at the extender's WiFi settings. Please refer to page 17 of the user manual linked below. To access the admin page you will need to enter credentials. If you did not change the admin credentials it should be set to default which is also listed below. 

User Manualhttp://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX6110/EX6110_UM_EN.pdf

Default Credentials

Username: admin 

Password: password

~Christian 

Message 3 of 6
Kellysill
Aspirant

Christian-

The instructions you provided are not helpful because they require one of my device to be connected to the extender. This is what I am having a problem with! It is my understanding that the extender should recognize my router’s password. And it will not recognize it. How do I fix this?

Best,

Kelly

Message 4 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kelly - You may factory reset the extender by pressing on the small black button using a pin for 15+ seconds and join the NETGEAR_EXT wifi network. After you connect to it, browse to www.mywifiext.net and follow the setup instructions again for the extender. 

~Christian 

Message 5 of 6
Nickieyyy
Aspirant

I have reset my netgear extender several times with the same results. What do I do?

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7