× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1200 Range Extender ALL LEDs Green but no internet connection

CROWDS
Follower

AC1200 Range Extender ALL LEDs Green but no internet connection

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review and help! I appreciate all advise and will try to give as much info as I can.

I bought this adapter back in November during a trip to Best Buy on black Friday. Connected through the router by WPS, set up was easy and everything was smooth sailing until a few days ago (Literally as my state, Virginia, declared a soft 'lockdown' for the quarentine). There was no internet connection coming from the extender even when all LED lights (sending/recieving (?) and connected to devices).

Tried factory resetting it and still nothing. Firmware and everyone is as it came from the box and I don't know how to update it. I don't remember if the box came with a CD or not, as I have the box, but everything from it is gone (I had the manual also but lost like 2 days after the extender stopped connecting to the internet while trying to fix it).

Sometimes one of the many devices in my room like my 2nd cell phone (with no sim card) will connect to the extender and the internet will work for a few minutes before cutting out again and switching back to the wifi in the living room when close enough.

Thanks again, will try and reply ASAP and provide any information as needed.

Model: EX6150v2|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1200 Range Extender ALL LEDs Green but no internet connection

I'll link to the support site with manuals, firmware, and troubleshooting. The manual walks you through a firmware update. 

One thing I'd recommend, if you set it up via wps with your ISP router, is to re-do the setup using the installation wizard and not wps. Potentially the isp updated the router firmware and maybe its creating conflict with the wps setup.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6150v2

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7