× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1200 WiFi EX6150V2 will not connect to internet

NightmareHelp
Aspirant

AC1200 WiFi EX6150V2 will not connect to internet

I was able to get both green lights to be on using WPS.  There is no internet when connected to the extended network tho.  I have tried Nighthawk but it can't connect to the extender.  And won't recognise as being connected when I manually connect.

I can access the setup page (which this forum won't allow to be typed)

It says my 2G account is working.  I'm using an apple computer. 

This website does not work:  http://mywifiext.local

In my frustration to find a solution, I googled many things.  One of which was a 3rd party website offering help that I think is scamming people into downloading malware.  So I might have downloaded malware in addition to losing 4 hours trying to make this work.  

Model: EX6150v2|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1200 WiFi EX6150V2 will not connect to internet

1. what router are you connecting to? some isp supplied routers don't play nice with extenders or setup using wps. 

2. Did you set via wps? If so, factory reset the extender and redo the setup. But don't use wps. Use the installation wizard. 

3. The extender does have an ethernet port. Many times this is faster for setup to connect to the ethernet port and use the setup wizard. Make sure if you go this route, to disable the wifi on the device you connect to the extender or many devices will default back to the working wireless connection.

Again, just make sure to factory reset prior to redoing the setup. 

Message 2 of 8
NightmareHelp
Aspirant

Thanks for responding!  Unfortunately, this device still doesn't seem to work.  

I'm using a hitron e31n2v1 modem that is connected to a Sagemcom 802.11ac wave 2 router.

I reset the netgear device.  I didn't have a ethernet port on the apple computer I was initially using, but was able to get a pc out of storage to try again.  I connected the extender to the PC with an ethernet cable and followed the instructions for the setup genie.  

Using the ethernet cable did get me through the process of choosing my network.  Sadly, when I connect to the extenstion networks, the internet doesn't work.  Both lights are green.  

Are there any other options?  Should I just give up on having an extender at all or is there another device that will work?  

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

Firmware on the extender? 

what model sagecom do you have? they make a lot of routers. 

Also, have you checked with sagecom to see what settings are needed on their router for extenders? 

some need to be allowed through the routers access control or even a static address. 

Message 4 of 8
NightmareHelp
Aspirant

I'm using the Sagemcom RAC2V1S, I think.

The firmware for the netgear device is updated. 

I looked through the manual below for the router to see if I could "allow" the extender but I don't know what settings I'm supposed to change.  I've been trying to search the internet for "what settings to use with Sagemcom RAC2V1S for wifi extender" but I can't find an explanation.  Do I need to enable port forwarding?  I'm pretty out of my depth here.  I'm trying to call Spectrum (Sagemcom is a french company and I'm not seeing any support for this product on their site nor a US helpline)

https://d15yx0mnc9teae.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/Spectrum%20AC%20WiFi%20Router%20User%20Gui...

Is there an easier way to figure this out?  Is there a different model that would work?  

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

I actually helped several people setup this specific extender with netgear routers.  The installation wizard tends to work the best but some have been successful using wps.  

A couple things you can try.

1. factory reset the router and the extender. Start with a fresh install of both. try the smart installtion guide first. And don't setup via the app. use the browser based.

2. make sure you're using wpa2 security on the sagecom

3. make sure there aren't any special characters/spaces in the ssid and password. try to stick to letters/numbers. 

Message 6 of 8
NightmareHelp
Aspirant

Hi there.  Unfortunately this didn't work.  I reset the router using the reset button on the back.   I reset the netgear device.  Followed instructions on net genie.  The process was declared successful, but the internet doesnt work when connecting to the extended network.

Thanks for you help!  If you do this for free you are some kind of saint.  I think I give up....   

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

i would contact spectrum to see if its an issue with the router sinces its one they're supplying people with. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7