× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1200 WiFi Range Extender, Model EX6150

pilsitz
Aspirant

AC1200 WiFi Range Extender, Model EX6150

I want to use this extender in Access Point Mode.  It was previously set up in Extender Mode.  I did a factory reset and connected it to my router with an ethernet cable.  It shows 2 networks:  NETGEAR_EXT and NETGEAR_5gEXT.  They are both OPEN networks.  I want to set them up with different names and passwords but when I connect to one and follow the setup instructions I get the message that I am not connected to the extender network.  When I log into my router it shows the extender details and under SSID is says n/a.  How can I rename the networks and add passwords?

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1200 WiFi Range Extender, Model EX6150

Start over and factory reset it. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Leave it disconnected from your router. 

Use the installation assistant but instead of selecting extender mode during the install, use the access point mode. Once you run through setup, then wire it into your router. 

How do I install my NETGEAR WiFi range extender as an access point? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 4
pilsitz
Aspirant

I can not get to setup.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Where is it failing when you try that? 

Details are key. Just saying it doesn't work doesn't help because we aren't there to see what exactly you're doing/trying. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7