× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC1200 ex6200v2 Range extender cannot connect to Verizon Router

UncleHevy
Initiate

AC1200 ex6200v2 Range extender cannot connect to Verizon Router

Hi I have an AC1200 EX6200v2 Wifi range extender.  Up until now it had been working well with my Verizon FIoS G1100 Quantum Gateway.  This morning it wouldn't find either of the 2.4GHz or 5 Ghz bands.  

I've done the following:
1. Reboot the Range Extender and run through WPS configuration with the device next to the main router.

2. Reboot the Verizon Router to refresh the signals

3. Perform manual firmware upgrade (.82 FW) 

4. Configure the range extender with the Genie (checking and re-checking all my passwords)

None of these have worked at all and I'm unable to find any documentation to help diagnose further.  Has anyone else had a similar problem and/or been able to get support?  Am I missing a trick?

Thanks!!!

Model: EX6200v2|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
UncleHevy
Initiate

Well if anyone else has this issue I pulled the ripcord and got a support plan.  Everything I tried had 0 effect (and I was validated in all my approaches by the gear head rep I spent 3 hours with...).  In addition, changing the channels that the router broadcast on didn't have the intended effect.  The good news is that I'm up and running.  We configured the Guest network on my Verizon Quantum Gateway 1100 and the router finally picked up the signal.  Now, that doesn't solve the actual problem of why the extender won't recognize the router's proper signals  but I guess I'll figure that one out at a later time.  If anyone has any thoughts drop a line!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
UncleHevy
Initiate

Well if anyone else has this issue I pulled the ripcord and got a support plan.  Everything I tried had 0 effect (and I was validated in all my approaches by the gear head rep I spent 3 hours with...).  In addition, changing the channels that the router broadcast on didn't have the intended effect.  The good news is that I'm up and running.  We configured the Guest network on my Verizon Quantum Gateway 1100 and the router finally picked up the signal.  Now, that doesn't solve the actual problem of why the extender won't recognize the router's proper signals  but I guess I'll figure that one out at a later time.  If anyone has any thoughts drop a line!

Message 2 of 3
qmac
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem with FIOS. Same exact time!!!!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7