× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1200 wifi range extender does not recognise my password

Newbies2and8
Aspirant

AC1200 wifi range extender does not recognise my password

I  have very recently purchased the the above Extender. I followed all the WPS instructions and all the green lights came on and my network names with -2 GEXT and -5 GEXT came up on all of my computers. However, my router password was not recognised at all.

I have not changed my router password from new as I do not know whether this is required or how to do it. Please advise using simple plain language as my knowledge of computer technology is very limited.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1200 wifi range extender does not recognise my password

If you set it up using the push button WPS option, factory reset the extender  and set it up using the installation assistant.

To factory reset, push and hold the reset button for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Here's a video of how to use the assistant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 2 of 4
Newbies2and8
Aspirant

Thank you for your suggestions. However, I fell at the First fence in that I could not find the Wifi connection manager on any of my computers. I tried to down load an App but this failed maybe because I needed to pay for it which I'm not prepared to do. Your suggestions would be very welcome

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

If its a new purchase (from an authorized seller), you should get 90 days of free support. 

To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series