× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1200

npb
Aspirant
Aspirant

AC1200

my modem does not have a WPS buttom to pair my extender. How do I pair it using my mac computer ? the website only gives me an error page? can anyone help?

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1200

I would hardwire into it with a pc/laptop and set it up using the installation assistant. Just disable the wireless on whatever device you connect to it so the pc/laptop doesn't default back to its wireless connection during setup. 

You can see the installation asssitant used on the support site. It has a video of it being used. Its the 2nd video i think. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6120.aspx

Message 2 of 4
npb
Aspirant
Aspirant

The video helped and I was able to get genie to connect. I used my Mac and turned of Xfinity wifi to select Netgear Wifi and set up genie started automatically but...while it saw the 2G conncetiong it did not see the 5G so i entered it manuallly. Everything looked like it was going to work but it fell into a loop. Extender light did eventually turn green assuming a connect but i think it connect with 2G only and afterwords all was very slow. Do you think the signal got crossed some how? Had to unplug extender. Should I return to factory settings to clear the bad connection? thankyou for your time.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

yes, try factory resetting it. You might even try reinstalling the firmware to it incase the firmware was corrupt. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7