× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC1750 WiFi Mesh Extender (EX6250) - Connected but no internet (only on channel 2.4 Ghz)

papistemp
Guide

AC1750 WiFi Mesh Extender (EX6250) - Connected but no internet (only on channel 2.4 Ghz)

Hello,

I have the AC1750 (EX6250) repeater which was working fine until yesterday, and for some reason I don't yet know, the 2.4Ghz wifi network stopped having internet. It is clearly visible on the network, but devices can no longer connect to it.

Another thing too, the 5Ghz network works perfectly, nothing to report, but not all my devices support 5Ghz!

I did the factory reset and the reconfiguration via the Nighthawk application, but nothing worked, impossible to have the 2.4ghz wifi network working

I've done the reset several times, and I have the same problem on this channel.

What can I do to resolve this issue?

Cordially,

Message 1 of 13
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1750 WiFi Mesh Extender (EX6250) - Connected but no internet (only on channel 2.4 Ghz)

Did you set it up using the push button WPS option? 

If so, factory reset the extender  and set it up using the installation assistant.

To factory reset, push and hold the reset button for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Here's a video of how to use the assistant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 2 of 13
plemans
Guru

what router is it connected to?

Message 3 of 13
papistemp
Guide

Hello  @plemans 

my extender is connected to --> Nighthawk AX6000 AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router (RAX80)

I did not use WPS for the setup, i used the NightHawk Android Application.

I've, in the past, already done some factory resets & setups without issues.

Regards,

Message 4 of 13
plemans
Guru

Make sure you're not using wpa3 on the router. 

Try the installation assistant and not the app

Message 5 of 13
papistemp
Guide

i'm not using WPA3 but WPA2-PSK [AES]

papistemp_0-1673013395782.png

i just did the factory reset again, ... and only the 5Ghz channel is working 😕 with internet

How come such a thing happens suddenly ? ... how can i check whether or not it's related to the latest firmware update ... i see there a recent one, and my extender has the latest firmware, maybe something went wrong .... it's really annoying !

I'm blocked for many things (for devices not supporting 5Ghz 😞 ....

Is it possible to downgrade ?

Regards,

Message 6 of 13
plemans
Guru

You can downgrade the firmware. Just use the manual update process but instead of using the latest, you use the older version. 

it looks like its setup properly according to your photo. 

Are you using any special characters or spaces in the ssid/password? if so, try removing them

Message 7 of 13
papistemp
Guide

no, i am using only alphanumeric chars 😕

By any chance, do you have the link for old firmwares ... i'm still not able to find the location

Regards,

Message 8 of 13
plemans
Guru

There's more than 1 version of the EX6250. 

go to the support page for your version. Click on downloads. Then click on "view previous versions"

It'll be there. I'd link to it but don't want to link to the wrong EX6250

Version 1: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6250.aspx

Version 2: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6250v2

just look at the label for yours. If it has a V2, its version 2. if it has nothing after the model its a V1

Message 9 of 13
papistemp
Guide

Thanks, i just noticed that this wifi extender is WIFI-4 while my router is WIFI-6, that's a pity !

what would you advice my as a dual wifi wifi extender mesh ?  i see this with a kind of fair price : WiFi 6 Mesh Orbi (RBK352)

And btw, still not working ... even after downgrade, factory reset and reconfiguration ! .... amazing 🙂 

Regards,

Message 10 of 13
plemans
Guru

Try downgrading the firmware on the router a version and factory resetting it before buying something new. 
i've seen a few posts with issues on the RAX43/45

Message 11 of 13
papistemp
Guide

still not working

Btw, do you know whether or not the Mesh Orbi (RBK352) are both extenders or (one one them is a router, and the other one an extender ?)

Regards,

Message 12 of 13
plemans
Guru

One is a router and the other an extender. 

for AX extenders, there's the EAX line of extenders. 

Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7