× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1900 Nighthawk Access Point and Range Extender

kinjo1023
Follower

AC1900 Nighthawk Access Point and Range Extender

I've been using two of the above models for a while now with no problems what so ever. Last night the power strip containing the modem and first EX7000 was accidentally turned off. Everything was turned back on and booted fine, but the second EX7000 wouldn't pick up the Access Point again and see the internet. I've been troubleshooting for half a day now trying to get the WiFi range extender to work again and have had no luck.  I've rebooted everything at once. I've booted the modem first, then the first EX7000, and then the second EX7000. I've hard reset both EX7000's and redone the settings. I always come to the same point. The first EX7000 will work fine as a router, but when I add the second and go through all the steps and name it, I get to the last step where it says join one of the names I just created to finish set up. I do this and the extender will not recognize that first is pushing it internet and keeps asking me to go through the set up again. I've done the set up several times, and have hard reset several times to try and flush out any settings that are hanging me up. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1900 Nighthawk Access Point and Range Extender

What modem are you using?

You put that your going  Modem----EX7000 in AP mode-----EX7000 in extender mode.   is this correct?

so you're able to get the modem and then the first EX7000 working? Its just the last leg in the connection that's not working?

You do need a router in there after the modem. Unless you have a combo device. The first EX7000 in AP mode doesn't act as a router. 

Are you doing the setup via the app or a connected pc/laptop? if its via the app, I'd try over a pc/laptop. 

I know you've done a factory reset but have you tried reinstalling the firmware? If something was corrupt, a reset only removes the settings, it doesn't reinstall the firmware. 

heres the support site with firmware, manuals, etc. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX7000.aspx

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7