× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1900 Range Extender No connection following firmware update

JimmyRoberts444
Aspirant

AC1900 Range Extender No connection following firmware update

AC1900 Range Extender No connection following Firmware update

Just purchased at BestBuy, set up extender and all worked.  (I use network cable conn from extender to computer)

Then I noticed a software update was availabe, so I went for it.  Afterwards, my connection TO the extender is lost.  Extender appears to still have both 2G and 5G connections to modem wifi, but I am not seeing the extender at all now.  And that's with a direct cable connection.

I did eventually try resetting the extender, but still no connection.

Help....

Thanks

Jimmy Roberts

Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: AC1900 Range Extender No connection following firmware update

Hello JimmyRoberts444, 

Please provide us with the model number of your extender. Factory reset the extender by pressing on the small black button using a pin for 15+ seconds and join the NETGEAR_EXT wifi network.  After you connect to it, browse to www.mywifiext.net and follow the setup instructions.

~Christian 

Message 2 of 4
JimmyRoberts444
Aspirant

Thank you...

I have performed the reset.  After that I can successfully connect to the extender again, and can go through the set up again.  But upon completion, it then repeats the issue-- I suddenly lose connection to the extender via my network cable.  Wifi does set up and work, but my network cable connection is gone at that point.  And I need it (i don't use wifi on this computer)

I brought my other EX7000 to this PC (already setup for over a year) and the network cable connections work fine as is.  Again, I'm using the network cable to setup the Extender, and then afterwards... there is no network connection via the cable.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JimmyRoberts444,

Couple things: 

1. Is the extender located in your preferred location?

2. When there is no network connection, what is connected to the extender and how? (via wired/wifi)

3. May you provide your network topology

~Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7