× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC2200 (EX7300) V1 does *not* see all Wifi SSIDs (which other tools see)!

flexy1234
Follower

AC2200 (EX7300) V1 does *not* see all Wifi SSIDs (which other tools see)!

I did extensive testing yesterday, and fact is that the EX7300 extender does not see *all* WLAN SSIDs that other tools/Windows/apps etc. can see.

I don't know what the criterion is, both it's typical b/g/n 2.4Ghz networks, but I have several neighboring networks/SSIDS (WPA/WPA2) which simply don't show up when I scan on the Web gui on the extender. Admittedly their signal is weak (-84dbi or so), but I DO see these networks in Windows (eg. Wi-Fi Scanner) or on my phones.

This is on the newest firmware for the EX7300 V1 and then out of curiosity flashed and tested on all firmwares from .2.164 (newest), all the way down to the original old firmware 0.40.

The SSIDs are seen only on 0.44 and 0.40, but not on any newer firmware. I also for testing flashed the EX7300 with OpenWRT, and of course there these wireless SSIDS are seen.

On those firmwares (0.44, 0.40) where the SSIDs are seen, I think that the scanning also takes a little longer than on the newer firmwares.

TLDR: Something on later firmware in Nighthawk EX7300 V1 results in several Wireless networks not even seen by the extender.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: AC2200 (EX7300) V1 does *not* see all Wifi SSIDs (which other tools see)!

It could be the extender just not displaying wifi networks below a certain RSSI signal strength. I know my aftermarket wireless scanner for my laptop picks up a lot more networks than the built in windows scanner does. 

Is it impacting anything? 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7