× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC2200 (EX770)

runnelm
Follower

AC2200 (EX770)

So my extender would keep going down and on the app it would show the colour purple as opposed to green. The purple means the router was not extending the internet at all and would not let anything connect to it.  I would always have to go on the app to reboot. Now the app is asking me for my admin details i forgot them and need to reset the password of course netgear don't allow you to do that unless you are connected to it. But once again it is in purple so nothing is connected to it. I then did a factory reset and now nothing can connect to it..and all i am trying to do is update the firmware so this purple bull**bleep** can go...it does not let me update the firmware from the app as it says error...i dont get why you dont just update...the firmware nornaly like normal routers provided by isps? So no i have a completley useless product as i cannot even update the firmware and for me to use the extender i have to reboot it through the app...thats if the extender allows anything to connect to it unless it is in purple mode...i just want to also say netgear are really smart for not letting firmware update itself...and for also not allowing you to change you admin password unless you are connected to the router...

Message 1 of 2
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: AC2200 (EX770)

Hi runnelm,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

First of all, we are sorry for not being able to get back to you immediately due to the backlogs in the system. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the extender. If you still have the problem, please reset the extender and manually update the firmware of the extender. Please check the link below:

https://kb.netgear.com/000061572/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-WiFi-Extender

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7