× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender Model EX6000

Ivan13
Follower

AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender Model EX6000

Hi, I have been using a Netgear 'AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender Model EX6000' with a 'BT Home Hub5 - Type A' successfully for a number of years. Originally BT supplied me with their own branded Extender which unfortunately did not provide an adequate signal to the TV/TV Box in the remote location. I am now thinking of moving away from BT as my broadband supplier because of the high cost I have been paying and I am considering moving to Plusnet which I believe has a 'Plusnet Hub 2' hub which I understand is a rebranded BT hub. My question is should it be simple and straight forward to setup the  'AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender Model EX6000' with the 'Plusnet Hub 2' hub? The reason I'm asking this question is because the Extender is now quite old and the Netgear support sides specifies that it no longer has software support. My thanks in anticipation of your feedback and advice.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender Model EX6000

It should just be factory reset the extender and then reinstall it to the new router. 

Does that always work? Sadly, no. 
Some of the ISP supplied modem/router combo devices can be a pain. 

But I'd try it and see how it goes

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7