× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC750 (EX3700) stopped working

cp83
Follower

AC750 (EX3700) stopped working

I bought an AC750 Wifi Rnge extender (EX3700) over a month ago. I use it with a Ubee router (and my provider is Spectrum). It took me a while to connect the extender to my wifi network but I managed eventually, and both the 2 and 5Ghz bands worked perfectly for 2 weeks. After two weeks, the extender lost the connection with the router (the router light was off), so I did a factory reset and everything went back to working properly pretty quickly. 

Last night the same thing happened again. The power and WPS light on my extender were solid green, but the router and device lights were off. I did another reset and tried to connect my device to my existing wifi network via WPS for over two hours, but without any success.

Whenever I try to establish a connection with my router, the wps light on the Netgear keeps blinking, but it never turns to solid green. At times, while the wps light is blinking, the router light turns green too, but only for 7-8 seconds and then it's off again.

I have no idea what to try next. While doing the set up, I keep the externder right next to the router, so it can't be a question of proximity.

I cannot even connect with an ethernet cable because every time I try, it tells me that I have the incorrect password for my wifi network (which is obviously not the case).

Any advice?

Thanks

Model: EX3920|AC750 WiFi Range Extenders
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AC750 (EX3700) stopped working

Try to log into the extender and change the wireless password on the extender and then try that new password in your devices.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7