× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC750-EX6100-Firmware1.0.2.6 Keeps on displaying New Extender Setup screen even after Filling.

guna2317
Aspirant

AC750-EX6100-Firmware1.0.2.6 Keeps on displaying New Extender Setup screen even after Filling.

Hi There,

I need a help.

I have a AC750 EX6100 wireless range extender and using it as an extender for a while.

When ever I logged to the extender, it was displaying "New Firmware available". Initially, I did not bother.

After a seeing the message several times, I selected the firmware 1.0.2.6 from  Netgear site and applied to the extender EX6100.

After doing so, I could NOT login back to the extender.

When I selected http://www.mywifiext.net site, It displayed a page with button "New Extender Setup".

I selected the button and the browser displayed Create New Account window.

I filled the form, including couple of questions and answers (it displayed the "Next" button).

I selected the "Next" button, the browser displyed the initial page with "New Extender Setup" button.

I filled it again, selected "Next" button. It has displyed the initial page again and is looping. It did not allow me to proceed further.

I researched on the internet and the Netgear site. I applied the suggestion as follows:

1. I cleared the browser cache and tried again without any success.

2. I tried different browser with out any success.

3. I tried different Pc and different browsers on the second PC without any success.

4. Then, I tried Factory default settings and followed the above steps without any success.

5. I tried connecting a cable and tried without any success.

6. I tried wireless connection without any success.

Basically, I am stuck now and the application of firmware 1.0.2.6 stuffed the device

Can someone help me to resolve the problem?

Better, if a Netgear Technical person explains, what is happening and how to resolve the problem as it happened after applying the firmware update.

Thanks in advance.

Guna.

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
guna2317
Aspirant

Re: AC750-EX6100-Firmware1.0.2.6 Keeps on displaying New Extender Setup screen even after Filling.

I am still waiting for any reply and resolution.

Guna.

Message 2 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AC750-EX6100-Firmware1.0.2.6 Keeps on displaying New Extender Setup screen even after Filling.

Hello guna2317

I would try to upload a older firmware with TFTP I linked a article on how to do this something could of got messed up when you loaded that firmware.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22688?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7