× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC750 EX6100 - New Extender Setup

amitylyn
Aspirant

AC750 EX6100 - New Extender Setup

Hi. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but my network names don't come up as extensions of my existing WiFi network name; both come up as EX6100_NETGEAR_2GEXT and 5GEXT.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello amitylyn

Yes you will have to log into the router by going to www.mywifiext.net and renaming the extender if you want a different SSID.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
RMinNJ
Luminary

Can you see if its connecting to your wirless router on the status page?   It shou ld show the connection speed also.  My 6150 has an external led also indicating it is connected to the wireless router.     If so, the wireless SSIDs can be renamed on the setup page.

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 2 of 6
amitylyn
Aspirant

Thanks much for the reply!

Following the instructions, I didn't see anything about a status page at this point in the installation. After following the instructions for connecting with WPS, I see that the external Router Link LED does light on the unit and the new network names I see on my devices (EX6100_NETGEAR_2GEXT and 5GEXT) seem to indicate that I'm connected to my router wirelessly.

Are you saying that it's not a problem that the extender didn't create new extended WiFi network names based on my existing WiFi network name, and that I should use the Web Browser Setup to rename them?

Thanks again for the help!

Message 3 of 6
RMinNJ
Luminary

Oh..  I have not used WPS... maybe thats why the names are not those of your existing network.

I would go to the admin status page ( I used a network cable plugged in from my laptop) ...make sure the extender has connected to your network.   Then name the 2.4 and 5  network what you like.

FWIW:  I used one of the netgear "fastlane" settings where it connected to my router at 5GHz  (866mbps)  ...then it broadcast only 2.4G for the

extended network upstairs).     So I only have t one extra SSID    I called it     myssid_5G_2Gext.

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 4 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello amitylyn

Yes you will have to log into the router by going to www.mywifiext.net and renaming the extender if you want a different SSID.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 6
amitylyn
Aspirant

That worked, thanks! I just got hung up on the fact that they weren't automagically named, like the instructions said.

Thanks again!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7