× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC750 EX6100v2 Dropping signal issue

The24HourTech
Follower

AC750 EX6100v2 Dropping signal issue

There seems to be an issue with the AC750 EX6100v2 that does not exist in the EX6100v1. I run a talk radio program and we use three wifi cameras to stream to Facebook live. We use the AC750 to stream the cameras to Wirecast which is a video switching production software. I also stream a Facebook live broadcast for a local church on Sunday's using the same equipment. I first bought the AC750 EX6100v2 unit first (new from BestBuy). At the radio station, it has ever seem to work right. It always drops my Facebook broadcast throughout the 90 minute radio show. I can watch the LED go from Green, to Amber, the Red. Of course when it goes red, I loose my connection to Facebook live. It can hold Red for sometimes 2 to 3 minutes, then it will go back to Green. Sometimes I can see it bouncing around trying to lock back to Green. It gets so bad at times that I have to rely on my smartphones hotspot to fix the live stream. The wifi router is not that far away and always showed 100% signal strength. I decided to get another AC750 but bought it used. I thought the guy sold me a v2 but I found out later it is a v1. I bought the second unit so I could have them already programmed for the wifi at each location. Just plug and play. I noticed immediately that I wasn't having the same cycling issue when I use the EX6100v1 at the church. I decided to use the v1 at the radio station and found I am not having anymore dropout issues. So I've come to realize, there is a issue with the v2 that makes it unusable for me. I've tried upgrading the EX6100v2 and even downgrading. It still drops the wifi connection intermediately . The wifi router is from Comcast (the same one is at the church) and has no firewalls or restrictions set. I bought the EX6100v2 because of the MIMO capability, but cannot use it for it doesn't work right. I'm thinking about selling it and find me another EX6100v1. Please fix this issue Netgear. I've seen other complaints from EX6100v2 users experiencing the same thing. This is a great product and handles the traffic from my 3 HD wifi cameras with no problem. I only need 2mbps of internet data to stream to Facebook live, which the EX6100v2 manages that well when it is connected. But this crazy cycling of the connection to the wifi router (especially when the router is only 50 feet away) is crazy and inconvenient. For now I'll keep using the used EX6100 until I see a new firmware. I'll be able to tell right away if the EX6100v2 is fixed. Thanks.
Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AC750 EX6100v2 Dropping signal issue

Hi @The24HourTech,

Welcome to the community!

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7