× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC750 Range Extender Model EX3700 Can I get smart phone to switch automatically?

bobgord
Follower

AC750 Range Extender Model EX3700 Can I get smart phone to switch automatically?

When I walk close to the extender my smart phone does not automatically switch to the extender for its signal. I have to manually tell it to switch. Is there a way to automate this switch? And then to have my smart phone switch back to the main household wifi router when I get closer to it?

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: AC750 Range Extender Model EX3700 Can I get smart phone to switch automatically?

Its usually devices specific until you upgrade to the mesh systems. They (mesh) dynamically move you from one to the next based upon signal strength.  There's other systems that move your device around based on rssi strength but its usually business grade networking equipment.  

There are apps that automate the process for each device. I've never used one as I use a mesh setup but just a quick google pointed to this article on gizmodo with some advice. Its a bit dated so there might be other apps available now on IOS that are more intuitive. 

https://gizmodo.com/how-to-stay-on-the-strongest-wi-fi-network-at-all-times-1788378454

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7