× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC750 WiFi range extender, model EX6100v2

Semajynnep
Tutor

AC750 WiFi range extender, model EX6100v2

I can't get the extender to recognize my router. The router link led shows no connection. Worked fine for 2 years, but stymied now. Tried reset factory settings and reconnecting, but no connection.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
afmarsh
Guide

I started another thread, go here for the solution: https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/EX6100v2-will-not-connect-to-router/...

"...see if disabling SON helps by logging into router at myfiosgateway.com and go to Wireless Settings/Advanced Security Settings/ Other Advanced Wireless Options/Self-Organizing Network Enabled and set to Off"

Worked for me.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

what router are you connecting to? 

Are you setting up via wps or using the installation wizard? 

Firmware on the extender? 

Message 2 of 6
afmarsh
Guide

I have the same issue. Worked great this past year+, the other day just stopped. Router link LED off. Have updated firmware, reset to factory, and tried to setup all 3 ways (WPS, "Genie" and Nighthawk app). Sees the router, sets up a 2EXT and 5EXT but no connectivity.

NO changes to Fios Quantum Gateway router; no issues with any of the other dozen wifi devices in the house. I am: totally stumped.

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 6
Semajynnep
Tutor

I have a Verizon Fios router. No problems with other devices (ipad, iphone). I tried both WPS and Netgear installation assistant, but no connection between extender and router.

Message 4 of 6
afmarsh
Guide

I started another thread, go here for the solution: https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/EX6100v2-will-not-connect-to-router/...

"...see if disabling SON helps by logging into router at myfiosgateway.com and go to Wireless Settings/Advanced Security Settings/ Other Advanced Wireless Options/Self-Organizing Network Enabled and set to Off"

Worked for me.

Message 5 of 6
Semajynnep
Tutor

Eureka!!!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation