× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC750 wifi range ext

mikeygee
Aspirant

AC750 wifi range ext

Hi....  I'm trying to connect an AC750 extender to an old ish router.  It connects but constantly rejects the wireless password.  Is it the age of the router?

Model: EX3110|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: AC750 wifi range ext

Maybe? Who knows when we don't get much info?

What router is it? firmware on it?

Did you update the firmware on your ex3110?

have you tried changing the password on the "oldish" router?

How about trying any of the troubleshooting steps on the support site?

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX3110

Message 2 of 4
mikeygee
Aspirant

Thank you for the responce.   The router is a relatively old Technicolour router.  Ive updated the firmware on the AC750 but not on the router.  The AC750 works perfectly in my workshop but not at my friends house (where the Technicolour router is)

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@mikeygee wrote:

Thank you for the responce.   The router is a relatively old Technicolour router.  Ive updated the firmware on the AC750 but not on the router.  The AC750 works perfectly in my workshop but not at my friends house (where the Technicolour router is)

so it works at your place (?) but not at your friends. and its your friend who's using the technicolour router? I'd be betting on a setting on the technicolour causing it if it works elsewhere but just not with that specific router. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7