× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX 1800 (EAX20) Extender log in connecting to the internet source router not the Mesh Extender

Jwoulfe
Tutor

AX 1800 (EAX20) Extender log in connecting to the internet source router not the Mesh Extender

My AX1800 Mesh Extender (EAX20) log in process has recently been unable to connect either by the web or Nighthawk app. When trying to log into the extender with routerlogin.net, its trying to log into the internet source router and not the Extender. When using the Nighthawk app, the log in defaults to the internet source router not the Extender. When opeing the app, it keeps defaulting to the admin log in (Username and Password) which never works with my saved Extender's Username and Passord bescuase it keeps diecting to the internet source router.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: AX 1800 (EAX20) Extender log in connecting to the internet source router not the Mesh Extender

to log into the extender, either use its ip address or use mywifiext . net 

If you log into the router, you should be able to get the IP address for the extender. 

Message 2 of 5
Jwoulfe
Tutor

Re: AX 1800 (EAX20) Extender log in connecting to the internet source router not the Mesh Extender

Very good! That works fine. I guess the true issue must be the Nighthawk App. Not sure if this is the proper place for discussion but it seems the App, originally connects to the EAX20 extender and runs fine. Then after a while it switches to the internet source router and gets stuck there. I cannot get back to the EAX20.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Glad it works to use the IP address. Means device is working fine its just an app issue. 

Message 4 of 5
Jwoulfe
Tutor

Thanks for the follow-up!

I unistalled and reinstalled the app.

So far, everything is woking fine.

John

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7