× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX1600 EAX12

solofisherman
Follower

AX1600 EAX12

I have a WAX610 AP (subscription expired).  I understand you need a subscription to do Mesh.  I do not want to do Mesh w/ backhauling, I just want to use my new AX1600 EAX12 extender on my network.  I have factory reset and have set it up multiple times and it successfully connects to one of my SSIDs and is set up successfully.  When I connect to the extender via app/wirelessly/wifi OR enthernet/hardwired, it shows it is connected successfully to my SSID I chose, but it does not have any internet.

I simply wanted this extender so I can utilize the wired LAN ethernet port for hard wiring a device in another room without running wires throughout the house.  

I have confirmed my AP is not in bridging mode, etc. and have made sure the extender is on the latest firmware version. 

How do I get this to work?  

Message 1 of 2
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: AX1600 EAX12

Hi @solofisherman,

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for not being able to get back to you immediately. Have you tried power cycle the whole network? Does the Router Link LED on the extender light up? Can you log in to the extender's page ?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7