× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX1800 4-Stream WiFi Mesh Extender EAX20 - Cannot log into Extender

NetJohnny
Aspirant

AX1800 4-Stream WiFi Mesh Extender EAX20 - Cannot log into Extender

We have been using this AX1800 4-Stream WiFi Mesh Extender EAX20 in our home for over 12 months now and it has been good. We are starting to have problems with reliable reception for our bedroom TV and I'm just working through the troubleshooting options. The issue seems to be between our wifi router (not a NetGear one) and the Extender rather than the TV. I've been trying to log into the Extender via a Chrome Browser and Firefox browser on Windows 10 using the IP adddresses which I think were correct originally. They don't work. I can log into my Wifi router ok via 10.1.1.1 and into my surveillance camera ok via the browser. I have used the Nighthawk app on my Pixel 3 but there is just a screen freeze as soon as it opens. Any suggestions please?
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: AX1800 4-Stream WiFi Mesh Extender EAX20 - Cannot log into Extender

Log into your primary router and look at its attached devices page. that page should have what IP address the extender is at. It might have changed. Try that

Message 2 of 4
NetJohnny
Aspirant

Yes.  I tried all the IPs but can't get the extender IP to open.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway do you have? 

What actual router do you have? 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements