× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AX1800 EAX20 Extender Suddenly Not Routing or Going out to Internet

AX1800 EAX20 Extender Suddenly Not Routing or Going out to Internet

Hello,

I have used the Nighthawk EAX20 for about a year now. As of yesterday, my extender seems to have stopped routing traffic. My router and all other devices are fine, as is the wireless signal, but as soon as I setup my EAX20 after several factory resets it results in no internet connection on any devices connected through the EAX20. It seems to be connecting to my router but will not reach out to the internet. Connecting via ethernet also does not work. Perhaps this is a firmware issue? As I said, I made no changes that I know of to the network or the device. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

The G3100 is verizon's version of mesh. 

have you went into the router and disabled self organizing network?

Go to wireless settings--->advanced security settings---->other advanced wireless options--->self organizing network. 

set it to off and try. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What router do you have it connected to? 

are you installing it using wps or using the installation wizard?

Message 2 of 6

I am connecting the extender to a Verizon G3100 router. Until yesterday everything was working fine. As I said, I made no known changes to the network. I tried reverting the firmware on the extender and nothing. I am using the Netgear wizard through the extender configuration page on my browser. It detects the 5g and 2.4g networks and connects, setup successfully completed, but still provides no internet connection. I have noticed that after I setup the extender, after two minutes or so the configuration page becomes unavilable, with a timed out connection.

Appreciate any tips. 

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

The G3100 is verizon's version of mesh. 

have you went into the router and disabled self organizing network?

Go to wireless settings--->advanced security settings---->other advanced wireless options--->self organizing network. 

set it to off and try. 

Message 4 of 6

Thank you that seems to have done it! I appreciate the help.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad it worked!

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7