× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX1800 EAX20 creates network but does not connect to internet

Bdozer
Aspirant

AX1800 EAX20 creates network but does not connect to internet

Hello all. As my luck would have it, I bought this on 6/12/21 but site says my complimentry help expires today on 9/10...??!!! So I am hoping the community can help.

When I hook this up I get all the lights white and it extends the network but it will not allow internet access. I have access right now with it unplugged but as soon as I try to extend I get a " connected,no intenet". What am I doing wrong or failing to do at all??

HELP

Thanks

Ray

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: AX1800 EAX20 creates network but does not connect to internet

@Bdozer wrote:

Hello all. As my luck would have it, I bought this on 6/12/21 but site says my complimentry help expires today on 9/10...??!!! (90 days support, some months have more than 30.......) So I am hoping the community can help.

When I hook this up I get all the lights white and it extends the network but it will not allow internet access. I have access right now with it unplugged but as soon as I try to extend I get a " connected,no intenet". What am I doing wrong or failing to do at all??

HELP

Thanks

Ray

what router are you connecting it to? 

did you set it up using wps or using the installation assistant? 

If you used wps, try factory resetting it and reinstalling using the assistant. (to reset, push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on)

Message 2 of 4
Bdozer
Aspirant

Hi and thanks for taking the time. I should have given more detail. I live in a motorcoach and spend my winters in an RV resort in Florida. They supply the WiFi. I am able to stream some of the time without the extender. I am using their WiFi for this message. When I arrive a new location, I reset the router and use the Android app Nighthawk to set it up. I have an occasional problem in the past but not like this. 

I set it up, and within minutes I lose the internet but not the network. I can still print wirelessly. Could it be a setting in my desktop, HP or my laptop, a Dell Inspiron 3000. My Samsung smart TV does not seem to be affected. I had YouTube videos playing the whole time but what I don't know is if the TV ever switched from the park WiFi to the Netgear extender. Thanks for any help or ideas.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

that makes it more of a challenge. Each park is different and uses different routers/access points. So its tough to tell you much. 

some require a WISP funtion. 

https://wifi-settings.com/wireless-routers/wisp-mode/

Plus RV's tend to be faraday cages in that they're giant metal cages that block wifi well. 

So if you have your etender in a window, it might not be optimally placed for the access point that is connected. 

Again, it makes it a challenge as you have multiple factors from what access point its connecting to (is metal in the way) to even how well the access point functions. 

If it worked fine until this park, I'd be either betting on placement or the RV parks setup. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7