× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AX1800 wifi extender

Temwyatt
Follower

AX1800 wifi extender

I need to extend my wifi coverage to my barn from my house.  I have a good signal outside the metal barn.  Because of the metal, there is no signal in the barn.  Can I connect an external antenna to the AX1800 so I can attach it to the outside of the barn.  If so, what antenna is recommended? 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: AX1800 wifi extender

Here's the questions. If you stick the antenna on the outside of the barn, what broadcasts inside it? 

Usually what I recommend is something like a point to point (like netgears airbridge) system that lets you connect the 2 (house/barn) and then connect an access point inside the barn. That way you have a good connection between the 2 and something broadcasting inside the barn. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: AX1800 wifi extender

Here's the questions. If you stick the antenna on the outside of the barn, what broadcasts inside it? 

Usually what I recommend is something like a point to point (like netgears airbridge) system that lets you connect the 2 (house/barn) and then connect an access point inside the barn. That way you have a good connection between the 2 and something broadcasting inside the barn. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7