× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ac1200 connection issues

Janemclaren
Aspirant

Ac1200 connection issues

I’ve had an ac1200 running for an extended period with no issues, set up using manual settings rather than wps. After connection issues over a period of time I’ve ended up with a full reset of the modem and extender. Modem and house Wi-Fi working fine (all devices connect with password)  but when I plug in either ac1200 extender (I have 2) I can’t connect to the local mywifiext setup page (get the cannot connect to the server error, no router light lit even in same room) or if I try to use the automatic wps button it doesn’t recognise the Wi-Fi password. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Ac1200 connection issues

A couple things. 

1. AC1200 is a speed, not a model. what actual model do you have? 

2. If you have more than 1 extender connected, then you'll want to use its ip address to access it. Log into your router and look at its attached devices page in router (or equivalent). It'll have the ip addresses for the extenders. Use that to access the extender 

3. what router are you connecting it to? 

4. if you're getting the "password not accepted" and you'd hit the WPS button. Try factory resetting the extender and setting up using the installation assistant. Make sure to avoid special characters or spaces in the ssid/password. 

Message 2 of 4
Janemclaren
Aspirant

Spoiler
Model is EX6110

When I try and use the manual setup it doesn’t connect to the router - I can see the net gear extender but just can’t connect to the setup page at all. The router light is not lit.

when I hit the wps button all the lights go green and it shows names as an extension to the modem router, but the password doesn’t work. I’m struggling to find it on the Vodafone modem login page to try and do anything!

Message 3 of 4
shakirfateh
Aspirant

Network adapter Speed and Duplex setting.

Check the wires.

Router settings: Your router should support Gigabit speeds, also check that you have the latest firmware installed, enough cooling is provided, and QoS should be disabled.

best regards 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7