× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ac1900 extender firmware update

Alex23dav
Aspirant

Ac1900 extender firmware update

I just updated the firmware for my extender over Wi-Fi, and after it was completed none of my devices would connect to the extender... Error message in connecting said ip configuration failure on my phone and tablets, the TV did not have that error message, just said could not connect. I tried switching to static instead of DHCP as suggested, but it didn't work, partly because I don't know what to enter for the static ip address, or where to go from here.
Model: EX6400|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Ac1900 extender firmware update

I suggest doing a factory reset on the extender, and then trying to set it up again.

You can find information on how to do the reset in the manual here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX6150v2/EX6150v2_UM_EN.pdf

Message 2 of 3
Alex23dav
Aspirant

Re: Ac1900 extender firmware update

Thanks, I did that several times with no luck. I would have thought that it would autmatically connect as it always has...but in this instance, due to whatever changes in the firmware update...I had to go into the advanced settings and change to static from DHCP, then manually enter the ip address and gateway address, even though the fields were already populated with the correct info. It was just a lucky guess to manually re enter what was already there. So, in the end, I got all my devices working again...Thanks for the response though.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7