× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ac2200 support

Whipbird
Follower

Ac2200 support

Beginners question.. sorry! I’ve just hooked my router and satellite up.. all good. Wanting to check if the satellite and router have a different network name or does it all fall under the one network name? Ie ORBI14. If so, how does the device know whether to connect to router or satellite or am I missing a simple technical thing here?? Thanks for your support
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

The client does connect to the actually best available AP radio. Most clients build and maintain a tables with all available BSSID (radio MAC) on air for each network name (ESSID). The Orbi system does offer support for seamless roaming with Smart Connect enabled. In general, you don't have to bother about the current active connection.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

The client does connect to the actually best available AP radio. Most clients build and maintain a tables with all available BSSID (radio MAC) on air for each network name (ESSID). The Orbi system does offer support for seamless roaming with Smart Connect enabled. In general, you don't have to bother about the current active connection.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7