× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Access Point Mode EXT7000 AC1900

SweetynLowell
Follower

Access Point Mode EXT7000 AC1900

First off I need to correct an issue: where it says: Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers) it dosen"t find  my product whitch is clearly print in front of me says the following:

AC1900 Nighthawk

WiFi Mesh Extender

Modle EX7000.

Not R7000

anyways I came across a few posts asking about what is meant by the (Note: in access point mode, you can only connect your computer or WiFi device to the extender only using a WiFi connection.) This is only meant when your setting it up as a Access Point, its the only way to access the extenders settings. after I was done with the extenders access point setup and loged out of it, shut it down unpluged it and set it up in it permanent location, I plugged in 4 electronic devices IE: Onkyo TXRZ920,Sony BDP-S7200, PS3, PanasonicTC-L55DT55, ALL ONLINE and connected wireless via my ZTZ cell and my main wireless Desktop. ALL 6 online at the same time. This in my opinion is a superb NetGear product that has been running KNOCK ON WOOD Great for the 3 months I have owned it.

Sweety, Lowell & Daddy Tucson, AZ

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Access Point Mode EXT7000 AC1900

Thanks for your feedback.

The model selection is difficult because Netgear has so many.  However, the EX7000 is on the list - I took the liberty of editing your post and correcting that.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7