× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Access point speed very slow after a minute

sonofmusrol
Follower

Access point speed very slow after a minute

Hello,

I have recently installed a new access point to my router, the speed is nice and fast for the first minute, then it will slow considerably after a minute or two. When I set the radio mode to 11ax, the speed to go from approx 150mbps to 0.5 mbps, if I change radio mode to 11ac it will go from approx 150mbps to 20/30 mbps after a minute or two.  Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

My setup is FULL FIBRE > BT SMARTHUB 2 > NETGEAR GS308EP SWITCH > NETGEAR WAX610 ACCESS POINT.

- Distance isn't the problem, as this will still happen when stood next to the access point.

- Happening to all devices / clients

- I don't have this problem when connecting to the BT router

- I've tried disabling Wi-Fi on the router but it still doesn't solve to problem

- Are there any settings I should be changing from the default?

- Access point is connected over POE+, and I have ensured my switch supports this

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Access point speed very slow after a minute

One thing I'd test. 

direct connect the ap to the BT smarthub (not through the switch) and power it with its own power supply. (fairly common power supply for the WAX610). See if it runs and stays stable. 

If it does, then connect it to the switch with still using your own power supply. 

Just trying to see if its a power issue, a switch issue, or if it happens directly connected. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7