× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding WNDA3100v2 RangeMax Adapter to

LNS_Front242
Follower

Adding WNDA3100v2 RangeMax Adapter to

I bought a Netgear RangeMax WNR834Bv2 gateway in white, along with a RangeMax WNDA3100v2 dual band wireless-N adapter in black - back in Nov 2009. I was deployed shortly afterwards by the Army, and never had the time to hook it up until now - HOME FOR GOOD - HOOAH!!!!. My question is this - My gateway doesn't have the "Push 'N' Connect" feature, but the USB adapter does. I followed the instructions to a T & the installed went well, and much easier then I had expected too. Now is the LED on the adapter going to stay "Amber" colored all the time, because I don't have this "Push 'N' Connect on my gateway? And does this mean I do not have secure connection as well? Should I go with a different style of Netgear adapter? Thanks for everyone's help in this matter - 2nd Lt. LNS
Message 1 of 2
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Adding WNDA3100v2 RangeMax Adapter to

push N connect is called also WPS.

some of the old unit may have this feature enable while in the router interface but you can also use traditional encryption ( WPA, WPA2 ) and should connect.

make sure you connect with in the the same room or few feet away.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7