× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding mesh to Nighthawk X6 AC3200 (R8000)?

JW_05
Follower

Adding mesh to Nighthawk X6 AC3200 (R8000)?

I bought the Mesh wifi 6 system but can't figure out if I need something different to create a mesh network with my curren router?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Adding mesh to Nighthawk X6 AC3200 (R8000)?

wifi mesh 6 system could be many different systems. 

which did you buy? 

Message 2 of 4
Acastano
Aspirant

Cant find details on this.. i want to add mesh to my network.. the current router works great in most places.. but looking to add mesh +ethernet to media areas like in my living room where the devices could use a boost of bandwidth for streaming services.  I like the nighthawk satelites they provide an ethernet for devices that arent wifi enabled or dont support faster wifi technology.

Can I "mesh" satelite boxes directly with my ac3000 or do i have to use the router?... I know i can just plug the "internet" port into my routers network but that sort of defeats the purpose doesnt it?.. i already have fantastic speed on my second floor... i'm just looking to improve my other floors.. 

any input much appreciated.

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
2A4Life
Aspirant

I can say that I did buy the mesh system for the same reason as you. Was not sure if it would work out but it did thus far. I connected the mesh router to my R8000 and then went through the normal set up and it works good so far. Only day so I am sure there may be a few hiccups. None the less it is solid right now, I have two networks and a password for each with the satellites around the house to help my outdoor cameras. 

I did notice that in the app when I switch between the mesh and the r8000 there is some delay in picking up devices etc, but nothing concerning as of now.

ty

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7