× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: After Install of EX7500 I do not have the 2.5 or 5.0 Networks in my listing?

kolczdm1
Aspirant

After Install of EX7500 I do not have the 2.5 or 5.0 Networks in my listing?

After installing the EX7500 by following the instructions that came with the device I do not have the new networks 2.4 or 5.0 in my network listings. All the lights are on the extender. If i try to go to the NETGEAR_EXT it says not connected. Don't see any improvement in network speed so I think something is not configured correctly. I have Comcast X1. I have restarted my Router several times with no improvement.

Hoping someone in the community had this issue and found a resolution.

Thanks for any help.

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: After Install of EX7500 I do not have the 2.5 or 5.0 Networks in my listing?

If you log into the comcast router, does the extender show in its connected devices page?

Did you setup the EX7500 using wps? If so, it sets up using mesh mode by default. Meaning it has the same ssid as the router. 

Message 2 of 7
kolczdm1
Aspirant

Thanks, looking into it now. 

I would like to have the 2 networks show up so I know which is connected. Can I do that?

Message 3 of 7
kolczdm1
Aspirant

Is it possible to turn off the mesh setting when in setup? Will it create the 2 networks?

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

Yes you can disable that. Its under Onewifi in the extenders settings

Message 5 of 7
kolczdm1
Aspirant

Thanks for the info. Now my 2 networks show and i can connect but im getting a "Weak Security" Message for both. My original Network does not show this error. What do i need to do to get a stronger security? I tried to change it to a WPA3 as it says in the instructions but I do not have that selection. My X1 Xfinity router is only 2 weeks old. I it a setting within the extender settings?

Thanks for any assistence.

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

WPA3 is a hardware change. The AC versions don't have it. 

the notice is a recent implementation of notifying people of weaker security but for the most part, wpa2 is still in use by the majority

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7